Philips Respironics Nuance Gel Nasal Pillow mask
Nuance, from Philips Respironics, brings the comfort and sealing power of gel to nasal pillows. As the first and only gel pillows platform, Nuance was designed to provide a more comfortable and familiar feel.
- Rated more comfortable than the leading pillows mask by users
- Gel pillows for better seal and comfort
- Fit your style with fabric or gel padded frame options
- Comfortable, non-slip headgear stays in place while you sleep
- Lightweight and simple to use
- Reduces nasal irritation
Nuance fitting guide:
1. Before putting on the mask, place the pillows cushion tips into your nostrils. Choose the cushion size that sits comfortably under your nose without any gaps. Do not push the pillows gel bases into your nostrils.
We encourage you to try multiple cushion sizes to find one that allows you to breathe easily and has the most comfortable fit. A smaller headgear is also available by request.
2. Pulling the headgear over your head, gently hold the pillows cushion under your nose. The headgear should lie flat against the back of your head.
3. Insert the pillows cushion tips into your nostrils so that they sit comfortably under your nose without any gaps.
4. Adjust the top crown strap so that the headgear sits just above your ears, similar to glasses. If the side straps are too close to your eyes, loosen the top strap to move the side straps away from your eyes. The headgear should fit loose and comfortable.
5. Peel the tabs away from the straps, adjust the length evenly by pulling upward, and then press the tabs against the straps to reattach. The mask should rest comfortably against your face. Do not over-tighten. If using Nuance Pro with gel pads, the gel pads should sit under your cheek bones.
6. As an option, you may slide the mask tubing through the headgear crown loop before pulling on the headgear. Using the headgear crown loop can help make some sleeping positions much more comfortable.
7. Now connect the tubing to the flexible tubing that came with your device. Some air leaking is normal.
8. Assume different sleeping positions. Move around until comfortable. If there are any excessive air leaks, make final adjustments while lying down.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when using your Nuance or Nuance Pro gel pillows sleep apnea mask:
- Your Nuance or Nuance Pro gel pillows cushion is designed differently to provide a more comfortable experience. The gel base of the pillows should fit comfortably under your nose; do not push the gel base into your nose.
- Nuance and Nuance Pro were designed so that you don’t need to over-tighten the mask to create a seal. The mask should fit loose and comfortable. If your skin bulges around the mask, or if you see red marks on your face, loosen the straps.
- You can keep your adjustments. Easily remove the mask by grabbing the headgear back strap and slide the headgear forward over your head.
The Nuance platform includes Nuance’s fabric frame and Nuance Pro’s gel frame.
- Gel pillows: Comfortable gel pillows offer a better seal
- Non-slip headgear: Offers increased stability
- Easy to use: Lightweight and simple
- Appealing, minimalistic design: For user acceptance
During our CPAP user preference studies, users rated the Nuance and Nuance Pro gel pillows sleep apnea masks easier to assemble, disassemble and use than the leading pillows mask.